The Library at PISAI benefits from collaboration with qualified and multilingual personnel who are able to offer advice and assistance in bibliographical research. In the Reading Room, material on display may be freely consulted. Books, documents and periodicals from the library’s stacks may be consulted on request. Book borrowing is allowed only for the students and teachers of PISAI in accordance with the regulations currently in place.
PISAI Library collaborates with URBE (the Roman Union of Ecclesiastical Libraries). A photocopying and document delivery service is in place.
Monday – Thursday 8.30–17.00
Reception and entrance to the Library closed from 1:00pm – 2:00pm
Last book order: 12:45pm; 4:45pm
The Library follows the feast of the Vatican Calendar
It also remains closed during Christmas time (December 24 - January 6); Easter time (Holy Thursday - following Tuesday); the Summer break (mid July - mid September).
Access to the Library:
internal users – PISAI professors and students
external users – Alumni; professors and students who are registered in the Universities/Institutes of the URBE network; professors, researches and students who are registered in other Universities.
1) PISAI professors and students have free access to the Library, its facilities and the book loan (see how to borrow books);
2) alumni have free access to the Library and its facilities;
3) professors and students who are registered in the Universities/Institutes of the URBE network have free access to the Library and its facilities. Each time they enter the Library they must show their own current University Card at the Helpdesk.
4) professors, researches and students who are registered in other Universities must provide 2 passport size photographs and will receive a Card valid for the period requested. The fees to be paid are fixed according to the different Cards (see the Library REGULATION). Students must also provide a letter of recommendation to justify their coming to the PISAI Library.
Registered PISAI students may borrow up to three books at a time for one month.
The book loan can be renewed for a further month unless another user has made a request for it.
The items listed below are not available for loan:
volumes housed in the reading room
Ordering a book for consultation precedes but does not imply a loan.
All book loans must be registered.
Students must submit a request to borrow a book and return books in the stipulated time, exclusively to the Library helpdesk.
The Library staff will register loans and, on return, cancel them on the student’s record.
The Library has self-service photocopying facilities. The cost of copy credit card is € 5,00 per 50 sheet. The procedure is given in the Library Regulation.
Copyright covers all rights and dues, intellectual and moral, which are recognized as those of the author and which are in force concerning his/her work. Copyright is protected by Law n° 633/1941 with any subsequent modifications.
Can be photocopied in the Library:
- published works (books and periodicals) kept by the Library up to a maximum limit of 15% of any one volume or periodical, and this for personal use only.
Can not be photocopied in the Library:
- unpublished material (e.g. theses of Licentiate and Doctoral studies) without the author’s written permission;
- old and valuable books:
Photocopies can be given on request:
- directly in the Library;
- via email (Provided that the precise references of the photocopies required and the data details of the destinations are given).
If the title or the particular edition you are searching for is missing from the Library, you can forward a request to purchase it using the online form.
The Library will evaluate the proposal and proceed with the purchase following their own procedures.
Please fill in all the required fields.